Viruses are contagious but so is panic. I’ve been sharing for months how 2020 is the beginning of BIG changes for all of us and the planet. Can you see this happening?
Chaos precedes change and change is uncomfortable. The unknown can be scary.
Last week I shared why and where fear gets triggered and how it keeps us spinning in a state of powerlessness. I’m not going to repeat what I wrote, but if you have not read this post, I encourage you to do so now. You can read it here:
Unless you are running from a saber-toothed tiger or a burning building, reacting from fear is not a powerful place. It’s certainly not the place you want to be when hanging out in a pandemic.
As Bruce Lipton Ph.D., presented in his book, The Biology of Belief, stress is responsible for up to 90% of illness, including heart disease, cancer, and diabetes. When an individual is in stress, the release of stress hormones shuts down the immune system to conserve the body’s energy for running away from the perceived stressor (saber-toothed tiger). Stress hormones actually compromise the immune system.
The power you need is within your heart. It’s a knowing deep within you. When you stop and slow down, you’re able to access your internal guidance system. Your internal guidance system knows how to respond.
2020 is a time to get to know ourselves at a deeper level. I believe the Coronavirus is an opportunity to do this.
Social isolation is forcing us to slow down, spend time alone and go within. It’s become a structure for us to awaken.
“And the people stayed home. And read books, and listened, and rested, and exercised, and made art, and played games, and learned new ways of being, and were still. And listened more deeply. Some meditated, some prayed, some danced. Some met their shadows. And the people began to think differently.”
“And the people healed. And, in the absence of people living in ignorant, dangerous, mindless, and heartless ways, the earth began to heal.”
“And when the danger passed, and the people joined together again, they grieved their losses, and made new choices, and dreamed new images, and created new ways to live and heal the earth fully, as they had been healed.” ~Kitty O’Meara
You may get sick. You may not get sick. The only thing you can control is how you respond to this situation. Your ability to consciously respond is where your power lies.
Below are some powerful ways to stay more in conscious choice and make the most from this situation.
- Be aware, not afraid. Do what you need to do to be response-able for yourself and for your impact.
- S-L-O-W things down. Use this time to become conscious of your inner world. Meditate (see video below). Notice your thoughts and the stories you tell yourself that create fear. Stop worrying about the future and rehashing the past. Fear creates stress and stress lowers your immune system. It creates anxiety and insomnia. You cannot make good choices when you are spinning in fear.
- Turn off the news. Only engage with solid information you can trust.
- Eat a healthy diet. Have supplements and medicine on hand.
- Spend time outside in nature. Nature trusts in the process of life and death and only knows the present.
- Do an inventory of your life. What needs attention and cleaning up? Your relationships? Your finances? Your clutter? Your fearful mind? How could you improve your mental, spiritual, emotional and physical health during this time?
- Find your bliss. What are you passionate about? Do more of that.
- Get curious. What are the opportunities that could unfold from all of this? A home-based business? A new invention? New recipes? A better relationship with yourself or your partner?
- Ask, how can I help? Reach for compassion. Suspend judgment. Support those who are in need.
When you are able to drop out of the fear in your head and reside from the love in your heart, life really does become a more peaceful, loving place.
From here, you are able to access the more real inside you. This is where soul lives.
May I give you an experience of this?
I have recorded a short, 13-minute meditation as a gift to you. In this short video, I’ll guide you to invite your head to gently drop down into your heart and take a loving rest.
And, here’s the link to the meditation
I believe we are in unprecedented times of change. The dominating systems of control that have kept people blindly following like “sheeple” are now collapsing. This needs to happen in order for a new world to emerge. (I’ll expand on this more in upcoming newsletters)
I invite you to release fear and embrace possibilities and opportunities. The power is within you.
Do you have thoughts on this subject? If so, I’d love to know them. Please share them in the comments below.