Did you know you are 100% responsible for creating 100% of your life, 100% of the time? That’s right. When you consciously know how to do this, there’s a lot of freedom here.
How consciously are you creating your life? Do you blame the people and circumstances around you for creating drama, pain, or discomfort or get curious with your part in it?
The Law of Attraction is the magnetic force of the Universe that draws similar energies together. You’ve heard the phrase, “Birds of a feather flock together”? It’s your energy that attracts similar energy (circumstances and people) to you.
So what creates your energy? Your thoughts and emotions. The Law of Attraction is responding to the thoughts and emotions you are offering.
How conscious are you of your thoughts and emotions? Do you direct them according to your free will or do you allow them to run freely like a puppy off its leash? The key is to notice.
- What is your story? Do you say “Life is hard”, “I’m always sick”, “No one ever understands me” or “I never have enough time/money”. If you do, that’s what you’re going to get more of.
- What are you afraid of? What you give attention to is attracted to you. It’s important to know your fears so you can dismantle and heal them. What you focus on you create more of so focus on what you want such as more inner peace, trust, hope, optimism and love.
- When do you give your power away? Circumstances and people do not have the power to make you feel a certain way. They may trigger an emotion within you but only you have the power to choose and feel that emotion. Just like your thoughts, your emotions are your choice.
Most of us have been conditioned to pair a circumstance with a certain emotion. For example, when someone gives you a compliment, you automatically feel pleased. When someone tells you something you don’t like, you automatically feel angry, hurt or sad. The person making the comment isn’t the one choosing your emotion. They are only giving you their opinion.
Just like “Pavlov’s dog”, you’ve been conditioned to have an automatic response. It’s become a habit.
Below are four steps to consciously creating your reality:
- Slow things down and witness your thoughts and your emotions. Just notice. Become conscious of your stories, fears and beliefs. We think they are real but they actually live in our head. What do you say and believe that you are ready to let go of? Be aware of your automatic reaction to people and circumstances. Notice how you’re feeling. This is your choice. Make it conscious.
- Acknowledge the impact it’s having on your happiness and in your life. What you see happening in your life is feedback for you to understand what you’re thinking and feeling. What is the message you are giving the Universe? What are you creating?
- Forgive yourself. When you catch yourself in a negative pattern, don’t beat yourself up. Doing so will only take you back to another story. Stop. You’re learning. It’s a habit. Forgiveness and compassion for yourself is key.
- Consciously replace your conditioned thought or emotion with a new thought or emotion. What do you want more of in your life? How would you like things to change? See and feel it happening. Choose your thoughts and emotions accordingly.
Your life today is a reflection of yesterday’s thoughts and emotions. If you like what you see, celebrate! If not, make the changes…from the inside out.
Note: Although this sounds fairly straight forward, it can actually be quite complex. Healing from the inside out is much easier when you have someone who can see it from a less triggered or conditioned perspective. Someone who isn’t “in it” with you. It is my passion to help you do this. Please reach out or share this article with someone you love. Or, you can share your thoughts with me here.