By now you have probably noticed we are in challenging times. It’s exciting and chaotic!
Change can be challenging, uncertain and uncomfortable.
The key to riding these waves of change is learning how to navigate them from within. The truth is, our inner world is the only thing we have control of.
Below is a shortlist I’ve put together that can help you.
15 Ways to Navigate Through Uncertain and Challenging Times:
- Remember, this too shall pass. You’ve overcome challenges before.
- Breathe. Take regular, deep, slow breaths. Shallow breathing creates a “fight or flight” reaction in your body which increases your blood pressure, heart rate and stress hormones. A deep, slow breath gives the signal that all is well, regulates your body’s energy level and soothes your mind.
- Stay hydrated. Drink plenty of purified water.
- Sleep 7-9 hours a night to restore and heal. Consider a 15-minute afternoon nap.
- Feel and release your emotions.
- Play. Laugh. Create. Allow yourself to have some fun…just for the fun of it!
- Get your bare feet onto the ground. Intentionally pull this healing grounding energy up into your body…and breathe.
- Be kind, compassionate and gentle with yourself.
- Do not engage with or worry about negative people.
- Ask for support. Remember, you are never alone.
- Notice beauty around you. Spend time in nature.
- Take the path of least resistance. Go with the flow. When a door doesn’t open, it’s not your door.
- Be intentional. Get clear about where you want to go and how you want to feel.
- Be still. Go within. Meditate. Close your eyes, put your hand on your heart and take 5 minutes to connect to love.
- Be grateful. There is always something to be thankful for.
Instead of getting triggered with feelings of fear, frustration or stress, influence yourself in a positive direction. And remember…
When nothing is certain, anything is possible.
What are your thoughts on living in today’s challenging times? Do you have other tips and tools you can add to this list to help us navigate these challenging times?
As always, I love hearing from you. Share your thoughts below!