Do you notice more fear in the world today?
I often get asked the question, “What can I do in such tumultuous times to help the world become a more peaceful place?”
With today’s changing world, what can we do to help turn it around?
Change always begins with you.
“You must be the change you want to see in the world”. ~Gandhi
Below are 10 ways you can help create more peace in the world today:
- Do a kind deed for another. Not only does this benefit the person receiving the kindness, it equally benefits the giver and anyone watching the act of kindness.
- Get clear with what you want more of and expect it! (Remember, this is feeling over form)
- Keep learning. Continue to grow and evolve yourself.
- Exchange judgment for compassion. Everyone is doing the best they know how.
- Recognise when you feel fearful, hateful or judgmental. Acknowledge the impact this is having on you and the world. Forgive yourself and turn it around.
- Find a cause you believe in and contribute to it.
- Be mindful of your words. Don’t feed the fear with your thoughts or conversations.
- Focus on each present moment. Don’t worry about the future.
- Take care of yourself. “Caring for myself is not self-indulgence, it is self-preservation, and that is an act of political warfare.” ~ Audre Lord
- Do not feed fear or drama. Carry peace within and be eager for more.
If you want more peace, be peaceful. Think peaceful thoughts. Feel peaceful. Do acts of compassion, kindness and peace.
“How do you do that?”, you might ask.
One step at a time.
With much love and compassion,
P.S. The drone photo at the top was taken this week by my son, Will. The skier is my husband, Larry. We are having such fun here at the lake!