What would you like to change in 2014? Would you like closer relationships? Better health? More love? How are you going to make that happen?
Many of us think the only way to make change is to write down our goals, roll up our sleeves and get busy. We think when we get ________________ (the goal), then we’ll be happy.
Yet, does achieving those things create happiness or can being happy create those things?
It’s easy to get caught up in the doing and forget about the importance of just being. The busy-ness actually keeps you from listening to the real wisdom within. That wise you who knows your deepest desires, beliefs and fears…those beliefs and fears that are keeping you from what you so deeply long for.
I’m not saying action isn’t important. It is. But only after you’ve gone in and listened to your inner wisdom. That deep inner knowing that tells you something’s not right.
Stop your busy-ness and insert a pause. Slow your life way down and get curious. The wisdom is in the pause.
Why does this simple act of pausing and going within seem so difficult to most? Because we are afraid to feel. Busy-ness is actually a form of numbing out. Most of us are afraid to unlock and open our inner doors in fear of seeing and feeling what’s there.
The truth is, you must become intimate with your inner world…your fears, wounds, beliefs and your emotions in order to heal and move beyond them. You must feel your emotions to be able to release them, allowing yourself to then spiral up into more expansive and lighter emotions. If you don’t, they stay locked inside you and continue to attract and create more of the same, including dis-ease.
Before 2013 comes to a close, I suggest you take at least an hour or two to pause and reflect on this past year. Get curious. What worked, what didn’t and why? What fear-based patterns and old habits are keeping you stuck year after year?
You may want to journal on the following questions:
- What do I want to celebrate this year? What worked? What did I learn? How did I grow? It’s important to celebrate this so it can expand into more of your life!
- What are my unhealthy patterns I see year after year?
- How are these patterns keeping me from what I want to create in my life?
- What am I afraid of?
- What do I believe is true? Is this really true?
- What is the unhealthy story or dialog I keep telling myself? For example, do I believe life is hard? People never understand me? The world isn’t safe or fair? I can’t trust love? My family’s never been there for me? Get to know your story.
- What and who do I need to forgive, including myself?
Make this year different by going within. Take time right now to connect to your inner wisdom and review your year. Be gentle and loving on yourself as you do. As you do, you’ll begin to consciously create a more love-filled, joy-filled life.
If this sounds interesting to you, stay tuned! I’ll be sharing more articles, programs and products in the upcoming year to help you find lasting happiness and more love…from the inside out.