It’s been a while since you’ve heard from me…since late October, in fact! Over the last three months, Larry and I have shifted our lives from our beautiful home on the beach outside of Gisborne to a small (but cute) rental home in the Bay of Plenty (This picture is on the walk behind our new home).
We’ve been in transition.
It takes courage to make big changes in your life and yet, that’s where the adventure and growth lies…in the change. Larry and I have had such fun exploring new walks, bike rides, beaches and kayak paddles as well as cafes, shops and most of all, meeting new friends as we knew no one here upon our arrival. Exploring our new area has been fun.
Yet, transition can be uncomfortable too, and I have certainly had moments of feeling uncomfortable…I still do! Chaos always precedes change and yes, I’ve been feeling the chaos.
Early on, I was awaking with feelings of uncertainty and doubt. Some days I felt fear and even dread.
It was almost like this move pulled the “rug” out from under me. I needed something to reconnect myself back into the bigger picture of why we made this move and back to trusting in the process.
In the chaos of the move, I allowed myself to let go of my regular morning inner work! I was floundering in the discomfort of the unknown without the anchor of my regular morning practice.
Do you have moments of fear or dread in your life? Do you worry about what could go wrong? Would you like to feel more confident and trust in the process of your life?
If so, I suggest a simple morning practice.
So many of us think, “When I get stable in my work, relationship, health, (or what ever it is for you), THEN I’ll feel grounded, focused and confident.
Yet, what if being grounded, focused and confident created the stable work, relationship and/or health?
You see, when you shift yourself from the inside, your life as you experience it reflects this inner shift.
Below are a few important tools my clients and I use on a daily morning basis to begin our day from a place of deep connection to Self, ease and trust.
- Time alone in silence
- Time in nature
- Focusing on your breath
- Yoga, Thai Chi or Chi Gong
- Anything creative and inspiring
- A quiet walk alone
- Listening to beautiful music
- Positive affirmations
- Guided visualizations or mediations
- Oracle cards
- Connecting to your unseen friends
- Reading inspiring books or daily pages
- Creating, adding to and reviewing a vision board or gratitude journal
- Creating a movie like vision around how you’d like your day to unfold and actively imagine how it’s going to feel, expecting “this or something better, with harm to none.”
If you were to begin each day with just 1 or 2 things on this list, how might your life be different?
Yet, just like any goal or resolution, beginning your day with an inner practice is easier said than done. I know from experience.
What’s going to make this any different?
- Remember WHY you are doing this. Imagine how you are going to feel as you live each day moving forward, feeling confident and peaceful.
- Start out small. Do 5-10 minutes a day at first and celebrate that! Then, do another 5 minutes the next day and celebrate that. As you feel the impact of your daily practice, adding longer period of inner work will be easy. Start small and build from there.
- Get support. You don’t have to do this alone. See my recommendation below.
Beginning your day from a place of deeper connection to your Self and the power from within, helps to propel you in the direction of your dreams and attract good things to you.
What helps you to stay grounded and confident? There’s power in community! I invite you to be part of this conversation. Please share your ever evolving and perfect thoughts in the comment section below.