Before entering a store to find a specific item, my mother used to state out loud, “Because I want it, it won’t be here”. And it wasn’t.
As far as she was concerned, shopping was one of the most frustrating things in her life. As her mother believed and role modeled before her, shopping was never easy and you could be sure you wouldn’t find what you came in for. She would try to tell me I would be handed down this same “problem”. Fortunately, I knew better.
At a young age I had an intimate relationship with the Divine. God and I communicated, heart-to-heart. I knew how to ask for help and what for I desired. If I needed advice, I could get that too. When the answers came, I trusted them. If what I desired showed up, I knew it was right for me. If not, I trusted something better was on its way.
Man says, “Show me and I’ll Trust you”.
God says, “Trust me and I’ll show you”.
Do you have a habit of worrying and being pessimistic when things are not in your control? Do you lie awake at night thinking of worse case scenarios? Would you like to be able to relax, go back to sleep knowing all is well?
If so, it’s time to learn how to let go of worry and lean into trust.
How does your body feel when you’re frustrated, worried or fear the worst? Chances are it’s constricted and tight. Worry, fear and doubt squeeze out any possibility of receiving.
This tightness also creates stress. Stress is the cause of dis-ease. Disease creates another thing to worry about, spiraling you down deeper and deeper into more worry and fear.
Does any of this sound familiar?
If so, chances are pessimism, worry and the need to control have become a habit. This has become a habit or, or what I often refer to as a “blind spot”!
Here’s the good news: Just recognizing your “blind spot” is the first most powerful step to changing it.
Below are nine steps to help you shift from struggle, anxiety and doubt to consciously manifesting your life with joy, ease and grace.
- Notice your thoughts and feelings. Notice when you are pessimistic and begin to worry, doubt or try to control.
- Acknowledge how this is impacting your life. Acknowledge how it feels in your body.
- Forgive yourself and try again.
- Get clear with your desire.
- Imagine living this preferred life. Play this like a movie in your mind. Engaging your senses, feel into your future. Your imagination is POWERFUL so use it positively.
- Use positive words and statements when speaking about this. “I AM statements” are powerful.
- Ask for help, from friends, seen and unseen.
- Expect the best, without attachment to the outcome. Trust in the process stating, “This or something better, with harm to none”.
- Celebrate your successes! Remember, what you give attention to increases. Notice when things go right, celebrate this and be grateful for all you have.
Remember: You must detach from the details (the who, how, where and when). If your desire doesn’t show up as you were hoping, have faith in the process. That’s where the magic is.
Miracles happen every day. Trust in the process, keep your eyes and heart open and be ready to receive.
Was this article helpful to you? Do you have other tools or helpful information you use to release worries and fear from your life? If so, I’d love to hear from you in the comment section below. Please share your ideas, stories and helpful tools on this subject here.