Before entering a store to find a specific item, my mother used to state out loud, “Because I want it, it won’t be here”. Chances were it wasn’t.
As far as she was concerned, shopping was one of the most frustrating things in her life. As her mother before her modeled, shopping was never easy and you could be sure you wouldn’t find what you came in for. She would tell me I would inherit this same “problem” too. Fortunately, I knew better.
At a young age I had an intimate relationship with the divine. God and I communicated, heart-to-heart. I knew how to ask for what I desired. If I needed advice, I could get that too. When the answers came, I trusted them. If what I desired showed up, I knew it was right for me. If not, I trusted something better was on its way.
Man says, “Show me and I’ll Trust you”. God says, “Trust me and I’ll show you”.
Do you have a habit of worrying and being pessimistic when things are not in your control?
Do you awaken at night thinking of worse case scenarios?
Would you like to be able to relax, go back to sleep knowing all is well?
If so, it’s time to learn how to let go of worry and lean into trust.
How does your body feel when you’re frustrated, worried or fear the worst? Chances are it’s constricted and tight. Worry, fear and doubt squeeze out any possibility of receiving.
This tightness also creates stress. Stress is the cause of dis-ease. Disease creates another thing to worry about, spiraling you down deeper and deeper into more worry and fear.
If this sounds familiar, chances are pessimism, worry and the need to control have become a habit. You were probably role modeled this at a young age and have been doing it for a while now. Seeing the glass half empty is a practice that can be changed. It begins with a desire to make that change.
Simplifying your life by releasing drama (worry, jealousy, frustration, comparing yourself with others…) will have a profound effect on your happiness, health, sleep patterns, inner peace and well-being.
Below are 8 steps to help you make the shift from fear, anxiety, worry and doubt to more trust, receiving, optimism and gratitude.
- See and state what you want, not what you don’t want.
- Take care of all the physical details you can (do the work) so you know you’ve physically done all you can do.
- Use positive words and statements when speaking.
- Send a prayer or loving energy to yourself and those you care about.
- Go within. Time in nature, meditation, dance or a few deep breathes help to bring you back “home”.
- Ask for help, from both friends, seen and unseen.
- Trust in the process stating at the end, “This or something better with harm to none”.
- Expect the best, without attachment to how it shows up. Instead of buying into Murphy’s Law, know what can go right will go right.
If your desire doesn’t show up as you were hoping, have faith in the process. You must detach from the details of “who”, “how” and “when”. Know it’s all happening for a reason much bigger than you can imagine. Even if you can’t see it yet, believe your answer is on the way. Release it to the Divine, trust in the process and pay attention to what and who shows up.
Miracles happen every day. Let go of worry, trust in the process and receive them.